The CHINESE NEW YEAR 2018- Relevance for the EUROPEAN TOURISM and RETAIL INDUSTRY
For Chinese people, the Lunar New Year Festival represents the most important traditional holiday. Most of them have a 7-10 day-long holiday which allows them to travel within China for family reunions or abroad. Although most of the Chinese tourists going abroad will travel to Asia.
Once again Europe is hugely attractive to Chinese travellers, being their second-most popular destination. You need to be prepared for this group of travellers. This is why we compiled some important information about the CHINESE NEW YEAR TRAVEL SEASON for you.
Our 6 MUST-KNOW THINGS ABOUT THE CHINESE NEW YEAR TRAVEL SEASON will help YOU to be better informed about this Chinese peak travel period. This peak season for Chinese travellers offers new opportunities for European retail and tourism industries.
Some major trends can be related to the CHINESE NEW YEAR TRAVEL SEASON of 2018:
- In Chinese travellers are now seeking out new countries and regions, further to the typical
hotspots, in Europe increasing number of Chinese travellers are heading for Europe during Chinese New Year
- Chinese travellers are now seeking out new countries and regions, further to the typical hotspots, in Europe
- It is important to recognize that Chinese travellers’ are now very focused on exploring European countries’ different cultures
- Within Europe, many Chinese tourists now want to experience authentic local culture, as well
as to travel to more adventurous destinations
- Chinese tourists have become a more diversified group of travellers, making it crucial to
understand their different preferences
You are invited to download our 6 MUST-KNOW THINGS ABOUT THE CHINESE NEW YEAR TRAVEL SEASON
We are interested in your opinions and experiences and like to get in touch with you. We would like to know from you:
- Are you aware of the enormous opportunities of the CHINESE NEW YEAR TRAVEL SEASON for your business?
- Are you already offering some special arrangements for Chinese tourists during the CHINESE NEW YEAR TRAVEL SEASON
Thank you for sharing your ideas and feedback with us!
Wishing you all the best,
Rossella and Margot